Links

Feb 5, 2010

Anyone Else Have Issues With Bible Study?

Boy I sure do, I have bought every Bible I can imagine, but as far as study Bible wise, I do have a great study Bible, mine is the: Life Application Study Bible, and I absolutely love it I really do, and it is a good Bible for study time. But I have found the more I read and do research, you need other tools to go along with your study Bible. You need a Bible Concordance, (which most study Bibles have these in the back of them).

You also need a Bible dictionary, a Bible Handbook which is similar to a Bible dictionary. The main difference is that a Bible dictionary has short articles arranged alphabetically, while a Bible handbook provides a brief running commentary of each of the books of the Bible. It contains maps, historical backgrounds, archaeological background, tables of weights and measures, lists of kings and genealogies and much more information.

You'll also need a Bible encyclopedia, and a theological dictionary which is for notes on how a word or subject is used in both the Old and New Testaments. In addition to that information, a theological dictionary also has comments on how the topic has been viewed by the church down through the years. The topics are listed in alphabetical order.

I know, WOW right? I am so overwhelmed with all the things I need just to study the Bible, but if you are a Christian it is very important that we do study our Bible. And we should take 3 - 8 weeks on each book of the Bible, now this depends on the individual I feel. I was suppose to be in a group from my church for a 10 week Bible study by Beth Moore on Believing God. But it is just too hard for me to try to get out when it is so cold out, and right now it's all rainy and icy here. But I bought the CD and the study guide, I am going to try to do it on my own.

Which is not as much fun, because you don't have someone to bounce ideas off of, or if you don't really understand something, there isn't anyone to talk to about it. So that really is a down fall for me when I have to study alone. But I am going to take a stab at it and we shall see what happens. It also helps when you have others to study with and a set time for the Bible study, because then you have to go, which means structure, and I need that when it comes to Bible study.

Ribet

No comments: