Links

Jul 3, 2009

What The 4th Of July Is Like In South Bend Indiana

Well I don't want to be a party pooper but for me the 4th of July is all about "let's see how many houses we can burn down tonight" or "how many wildfires (California, etc.) we can start by our recklessness" I mean my neighborhood I thought was the only one that had people like this in it, but the fact is there are millions of other people in the United States that have to deal with people like this unfortunately in their neighborhoods as well, and in my neighborhood this goes on for months not just days.

I wonder if any of these reckless people even know why we celebrate the 4th of July with fireworks, lol! I am sure many of them could really care less, heck it's fireworks, they are pretty, and they are loud and the higher I get the prettier the colors get, ooh ah, oh yea this is cool. Oh man dude did you see that one, wow that was too cool.

And then the ambulances and fire trucks come and someones house is being burnt to the ground with all of their memories and everything they have worked so hard for is going up in flames. Someone is laying over there on the ground because he blew half of his face off because he did not stand back quick enough to let off the explosive that was going to make pretty colors for him and his buddies to watch.

This is life folks and it is getting worse in many towns and neighborhoods all over the country. In our town the police won't even come out if you call them on the 3rd or 4th of July, if someone is shooting them off too late or if they are shooting them towards your house, they will even have an announcement on our local news and in our local newspaper, not to call about any fireworks issues, and I am dead serious. That's how bad it has gotten here in just the past two years. Our police force more or less closes their doors at dusk on the 3rd and 4th of July here. I mean unless there is a murder or a robbery, then they go out, but that's pretty much about it on those two days in our town, it's sad.

The 4th of July is Independence Day, it is when the Declaration of Independence was signed, and they let off a few fireworks to celebrate the signing of it. This did not go on for days and days into months at a time, it went down on the 4th of July, Amen? Okay maybe I am just getting older and I shouldn't feel this way but I do, because when I watch the news and I see that someones house was burnt down or a wildfire was started because of negligence, just so they could see the pretty colors and hear the loud boom, it makes me very sad.

Now don't get me wrong here either I do realize there are allot responsible people in the world as well that do not have $900.00 worth of fireworks to show off to their neighbors. But I would love to see America get back to what the 4th of July is all about to begin with. I read in my local newspaper that the police more or less gave up because they could not control all the illegal fireworks coming into Indiana and coming into South Bend, so it's like a "let em lose" type deal here in good ole South Bend on the 4th of July, oh my gosh and this is not to mention all the poor animals that are tortured by these fireworks, it is pathetic.



I do apologize for putting a damper on your 4th of July, but this is something that has been bothering me for years now, and I am putting it out here on my blog. I mean for those that do not like what I have to say do not have to read it, right? But I'll bet you there are many others across the United States that have the same problem in their neighborhoods and towns, because it's like an epidemic, and it's only getting worse folks. They are not lighting fireworks off anymore folks, they are lighting explosives off, and I don't know about you but that scares me to death.



I honestly do hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July.

Ribet

No comments: