Links

Apr 21, 2009

It's Spring And I Love A Cean Smelling House And A Clutter Free One, If I Could Just Get One!


Something I love to find are ideas on keeping away clutter, and I am bad at clutter and I hate it. I hope I am not boring you to death. Hubby thinks my counter top is his desk and oh my gosh I could just knock him out when he clutters up my counter top. But then I look at my office, and I say to myself "I have allot of room to talk"! lol! So here are some tips I thought were very helpful and a bit interesting, at least to me they were. Maybe it might help someone, you never know!

Junk mail, emails, and endless to-do lists all clutter your life and your mind! That's why one of the easiest ways to organize your home is to remove clutter, or better yet, train yourself to avoid accumulating clutter in the first place. Here are some ideas on how to do just that.

One in. One out. If you buy a new item, get rid of an older belonging you no longer use.

Stick to the list. When grocery shopping, only purchase what is needed on your "list." Always keep a running list of items you need to replace. When purchasing items with expiration dates, date as you buy them and toss those that have expired.

Rules to live by. When shopping and about to make a purchase, ask yourself the following:

Do I really need this?

Do I really want this?

Will this add value to my life?

Monthly cleaning. Once a month, clean out a closet or a chest. As you do so, leave one empty shelf. And don't forget to eliminate under-bed storage. It clears your mind!

Stick to the necessities.
Unsubscribe to advertisements, newsletters and promotional emails that clutter your inbox. Open your mail by the wastebasket and dispose of junk mail straight away. Don't let it pile up!

Clear things up. Put seasonal items in large, clear bins that are plainly labeled.

Recycle. If you have clothes that are in good condition and haven't been worn for two years or more, remember they can always be used by local service organizations.

By following these simple tips, you'll hopefully avoid a headache down the road. That will leave you more time to curl up with a good book or take a walk and enjoy your accomplishments!

Compliments of Lorraine Bruce, who actually lives right here in my home town, she is awesome!


Ribet

No comments: